Everyone loves to visit your home, including mice! Here are 7 all-natural tips to keep these unwanted visitors out!
- Sprinkling drops of Tabasco Sauce around the foundation of the house can help deter these mice. Also mixing a couple teaspoons of Tabasco sauce with a teaspoon of dish detergent and two cups of hot water will create a spray solution onto any areas they can easily get in.
- Another inexpensive and spicy way to keep mice away is cayenne pepper. Simply remember every few weeks to sprinkle this condiment around potential areas of intrusion.
- Make your very own anti-mice spray by chopping garlic up and adding water. Or you can leave garlic cloves in place where the mice might enter.
- If you are looking for something that’s not food try placing dryer sheets into the cracks or holes in the attic. The stronger the smell the better.
- Have you tried essential oils? Leaving cloves inside pantyhose and putting them in areas mice may appear like a pantry.
- Peppermint smells good all year around. Place pure peppermint oil of at least five drops on a cotton ball and place the cotton ball in areas mice could get in. Refreshing the cotton ball every 2 weeks. Another benefit of peppermint oil is it help alleviate headaches.
- Mice hate strong smells. If non of the other remedies are working placing ammonia in small bowls around the house will help assure mice do not enter.
If you would rather have a professional come out and help you fight the mice, contact your Spartanburg exterminator, Douglas Pest Control at (864) 582-3684. Because when you Gotta Bug, Call Doug for your personalized treatment plan and to learn 4 things you need to know about termites, ants, cockroaches, mice and spiders in your home.